Thursday, July 29, 2010

Denver, Colorado














Malone's are trying to settle in at the Extended Stay Deluxe Hotel! Our room consists of an uncomfortable queen sized be for Bryce and I, a sofa bed for Rees and Trent, and a roll away bed for Jake. This is all in one room with a kitchen and a bathroom. We made tuna casserole the other night and I had to cook the noodles in 2 shifts because we only have 2 pans and neither one is very big. We realize how spoiled we really are in the big picture of things. We did get laundry done, boy is that getting expensive. Yesterday the kids and I went on a tour of the Hammond Candy Factory. It was very interesting and we got free samples of candy, always a plus in my book. The kids and I went to Red Rock Park and Amphitheater today, it is absolutely awesome. We hiked all the way down the seats in the amphitheater and then all the way back up. About 1/2 way up Trent started feeling sick so we had to stop a rest awhile, I think the altitude got to his little body. Rees and I would have loved to have gone to the concert tonight, it was ABBA. We hiked the 1.4 mile trail in the 85 - 90 degree heat. We were hot and sweaty by the time we finished, but nothing a big cold bottle of water couldn't cure. We came back and went swimming at our hotel and have been watching movies the rest of the night. I think the heat and sun wore us out! Tomorrow we plan on hanging out at the pool, scrap booking our journey so far, and just relaxing. We are going to meet some of my college girlfriends and their families tomorrow night for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment