Monday, October 25, 2010

Minnesota

We arrived Friday night.  We decided to stop by the neighborhood on our way to the campground, it was around 8:00 P.M.  We saw our neighbors:  The Moore's, Alver's, Moser's and Linda White who is staying in our house.  It was really fun seeing everyone.  We left there around 10:30P.M., which means we did not get into our campsite and set up until after 11:30.  
Anyway we went over to the house on Saturday afternoon and put some of our stuff we are not using down in the basement.  It was nice to get rid of a few items and make space for more stuff of course.  We ran some errands while the kids were all at friends houses playing and getting ready for sleepovers.  They were very excited to be hanging out with their friends.  We had dinner with our neighbors that live across the street the Moore's.  Later in the evening more neighbors came to hang out with us:  The Weierke's, Burgess', and  Fogarty's.  It was great to have some good laughs together!
Sunday we had dinner at the Burgess' house with the same friends from the night before.  We really enjoyed ourselves over the weekend.
Today (Monday) it was back to the normal grind, somewhat.  We had school, and then the boys went to the doctor for check-ups.  I then went to my old stomping ground Akin Road Elementary School to visit my former workmates. I got there just as school was letting out, so I also go to see some of my former students.  It was very sweet, and I got lots of hugs.   It was terrific seeing everyone.  I really miss hanging around all of them and felling their energy.  I went by myself so I could actually have some time to talk without the kids being around.

No comments:

Post a Comment