Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Last Days in California

Our first house in Canyon Country, CA

We got married on this grass overlooking the beach

Bryce, Me, John and Christine Bjerke
Well my husband has said that I have been slacking on keeping up with our blog...okay he's right!  So I am going to try to keep up better.  So our last days in California were spent hanging out with some old friends and visiting some sentimental places.  We took the kids by our first house in Canyon Country, it looked exactly the same.  We ended up getting together for lunch with Bryce's Aunt Peggy in Ventura. It was wonderful getting to see some of his family too.   While we were up there, we took the kids to Mandalay Beach where we got married over looking the beach.  It was still very beautiful.
Then I had an old college friend, John Bjerke and his wife Christine, come up to our camper and have lunch.  We enjoyed catching up and seeing each other...it had been 12 years since we saw each other last.  I had a blast seeing them.  We then spent one more meal with the Crawfords...which was fun as usual.  We talked about how we felt like we never left, we just picked up where we left off, that is such a great feeling to have those kinds of friendships.  I can't believe we didn't take any pictures while we were with them.  I am usually very good about that, but I guess I was too caught up in visiting.  We are very lucky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment